10 Years and Counting
A lot can happen in ten years. A child born ten years ago would be in 4th grade now, and we all know how much that child has grown and changed. Ten years ago, we were elbow deep in the Great Recession. In 2009
- Barack Obama became the 44th President of the United States.
- Slumdog Millionaire won for Best Film.
- Sulley landed a US Airways flight for the ‘miracle on the Hudson’, and
- BWC2 was launched!!
In the years since…
- The Apple iPad made its debut.
- Osama Bin Laden died.
- Queen Elizabeth celebrated her Golden Jubilee.
- The European Union was formed.
During that same period, BWC2…
- started working with a 10-year-old boy on the autism spectrum in 2009.
- heard 9 non-verbal children speak for the first time.
- spent thousands of hours working with American veterans and first responders who have anxiety, PTSD, TBI or have undergone an amputation.
- saw veterans begin sleeping through the night.
- expanded the kids’ program to include children with Down syndrome, ADHD and Cerebral Palsy.
Join us on August 24 and September 21 as we celebrate our first 10 years.